Tracking My Progress

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Binge Foods



I can make anything a binge food.  I am considering my binge foods as the things I buy with intention (consciously or subconciously) to binge on or that I have noticed a pattern of them being the downfall towards a binge.

ice cream
cake
pudding
chinese buffet
pizza
fast food
any restaurants, actually
sugar in my coffee
soda (diet or not)

These are all of my favorite things to eat/drink.  Junk. Junk. Junk.

Ice cream- smooth, creamy, cold.  feels great in my mouth and takes a while to eat.  Good for vegging out.
cake- soft, bread-y, sweet.  never seems to fill me up.
pudding - see ice cream
chinese food.- oh, chinese food.... tastes so good and such a variety with NO LIMIT on how much I can eat.  Makes me sick to my stomach bc I eat way too much.  Great for family functions and the family usually does family birthdays there.
fast food- always sounds better than it really tastes.  but I still obsess over it.  Laced with crack, I swear.
any restaurant - I have never gone to a restaurant with good intentions. PERIOD.
coffee-  oh... hot, sweet, morning goodness. Just isn't the same without lots of sugar.  Even when I put sweetener in it instead, I obsess over how much better it would be with sugar.
soda- diet leads to regular, regular leads to a binge. no exceptions that I can remember.

I have to be willing to accept the fact that these things are not options for me.  I cannot and will never be able to eat these things sensibly.  If I simply cut out these things and moved more, my body would begin recovery.  The hard part is letting go of the foods that have been my way of coping with life for 30+ years.  I quit doing drugs, cigarettes and I don't drink alcohol.  This addiction is my last vice.  The last thing keeping me from dealing with my life in a healthy way.  This is life or death.  Today I am closer to death bc I am not abstinent.  What has to happen for me to wake up and choose life?  Will it be too late then??

No comments:

Post a Comment